Friday 2 February 2018

Have you had his voice?

When one is born they are in a unique way welcomed in the world of everything; good and bad. However, by all means, good things must overcome what is bad. Life may not be that simple but what keeps us going is the spirit of progress within ourselves which makes it smoother. Bad things do happen; how one responds to them defines their character and the quality of my life. We can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of the loss, or one can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift they have - life itself. It is upon us to celebrate the gift of life for we have genuine reasons to do so. No matter the experiences we have gone through, we must ask themselves what have we done that we are alive this day. Life is something special we should always thank The Most High for. Usually, every season of a year have some specialty and all ages are beautiful and enchanting. I don’t recall why, but I remember when I had cleared high school I decided to run away from home. Problem: I wasn’t allowed to cross the street. You know being Blind is an issue. So I trudged around the block with my little pink paper bag of cloths in one hand and my stuffed lion under my arm. Within several hours I had circled the routes and ended up finding a new place of my own where I started my humble beginnings my family back at home were in tears thinking I have gone for good. It was not an easy ride since guys on the road talk about you while thinking that the Blind guy can’t hear. With hope and believe in myself I made it. What made me recall this incident I won’t reveal how many decades later? While preparing to give a talk to some radio talkshow, I found these children’s letters to God online. This one in particular spoke a deep truth. block quote “You don’t have to worry about me. I always look both ways.” (DEAN) block quote end As a small child, I had strict boundaries and knew the rules. It appears Dean does as well. As long as he looks both ways before crossing the street, nothing bad will happen to him, right? If only life was so easy. As adults we get used to weighing the odds and making all the decisions. We set the rules. We decide our actions. We plot our course. Problem is, we can’t predict the future. Sometimes we assume the way is clear. We quickly glance first then head out. WHAM – life hits us unexpectedly. Didn’t see that coming. Didn’t detect it, hear it, smell it, or even fathom it. A tornado siren sounds one minute and your whole life ripped apart the next. The phone rings. A routine blood test comes back with bad news. A pink slip lands on your desk. But after the shell shock, we may realize that someone was watching out for us. Something prepared us in ways we never knew. A hand held on and yanked us out of the way, or drew us closer. A quiet thought, steadfast rule, or profound statement embedded in our subconscious begins to acts as a lifeline. We cling to it. Such as Romans 8:28 or Philippians 4:6-7 or Psalm 121:3-8. Or my mother’s admonition to never cross the street alone. Perhaps we adults need to be more childlike and go back to the basics. Ask permission. Seek guidance. Wouldn’t it be more wise to look again–just in case–instead of being so sure of ourselves as little Dean is? Maybe we need to grab Daddy’s hand more often, no matter how big we feel we are. As you walk through this day, listen for God’s voice and be confident that he knows where you are right now and can show you the way! We just have to listen and be willing to follow where He leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment